Welcome to Lose the Drama!
This site is a sponsored by Hospitality House for Women, Inc. as part of our prevention services to the residents of Rome and Floyd County—and to anyone, anywhere who may need information about dating violence and how to stop it.
Our mission is to ….
• Provide shelter and services to adult and child victims of family violence in order to assist families in adopting a non-violent lifestyle
• Promote public awareness of domestic violence
• Advocate for victims through activities which promote systems change at local, state and federal levels
• Provide family violence prevention services to all aspects of the community
As part of this mission, we strive to provide quality services to both English and non-English speaking families by incorporating all available partnerships and collaborations.
Hospitality House began with a small group of committed citizens who saw the needs of victims of domestic violence. Recognizing this community need, Hospitality House opened its doors in 1978 as one of the first domestic violence shelters in Georgia.
Originally, shelter and services were offered to five families for up to seven days. Now the agency is certified by the Department of Human Resources and is able to accommodate 27 families for up to 90 days.
Hospitality House is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to the domestic violence victims of Rome and Floyd County. Our 27 bed facility provides emergency food, clothing and shelter.
We provide support services which empower families to become safe and self- sufficient. We also provide services to non- residential victims which often prevent them from becoming homeless. Our services include, but are not limited to :
• 24-Hr Crisis Line
• Financial support for housing and transportation
• Relocation assistance
• Individual counseling
• Parenting and domestic violence support groups
• Legal advocacy and court accompaniment
• Social service agency referral and advocacy
• Child care
• Follow-up services