It may be hard to think of your teen as having an intimate relationship, let alone an abusive one. But now, more than ever, your son or daughter needs your support.
As a parent, you can help your teen build healthy relationships and avoid abuse. Start by:
- Learning the facts about dating violence.
- Finding out how teens are using technology to perpetrate abuse.
- Learning how to talk to your teen if you see any warning signs of abuse.
It’s never too early to talk to your teen about healthy relationships. Even if you don’t think your teen is dating yet, having these conversations is important to preventing dating violence and ensuring that your son or daughter will come to you with questions about healthy and unhealthy relationships. Get Lose the Drama’s tips on talking to your teen.
There Is Help
If your child is in an abusive relationship, there is help. These resources can provide your teen with:
More Information for Parents
- Find ways to get help
- Learn about kinds of abuse
- Resources for parents
- What you can do to help your teen